Frequently Asked Questions
Where may I obtain exemption application forms and when must they be filed?

All exemption applications may be obtained at the Assessor's Office in the Town Hall, Wednesdays between 8:00 AM and 2:30 PM.  All exemption applications must be filed no later than March 1.

BASIC STAR exemptions are for any resident owning property and residing on the property. To apply for the Basic STAR Exemption click here

Enhanced STAR (over age 65 and adjusted gross income minus any taxable IRA distribution for all owners must total $98,700 or less). For automatic renewal of the enhanced STAR, fill out form RP-425-IVP and return to our office. Please call the Assessor's office at 845-724-5300 ext. 228.

How do I challenge my Assessment?

A grievance complaint form may be filed after May 1; but no later than Grievance Day which is the 4th Tuesday in May. Forms may be obtained at the Assessor's Office beginning May 1.

When does my assessment change?

Assessments change as a result of new construction, fires, demolitions and periodic Town wide assessment updates which are necessary in maintaining an equitable assessment roll.

Can I view assessors tax maps?

Yes, you can view any parcel on the maps in the Assessor's office. 
Home | Town Board | Town Offices & Departments | Town Committees | Contact Us | Beekman Library | Beekman Fire District | Hazard / Emergency Resource Page | Town Documents | Town Archived Webcasts | Useful Public Info | Dutchess County Government | Site Map
Printer-friendly Version